A moment on the lips, forever on the hips! The saying has never been taken so seriously ever before. Superfoods are foods known to have health benefits and nutritional content. Know what is good for your body and eat to your heart’s content without any guilt strings attached. From anti aging to weight loss, superfoods are a storehouse of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. Though the medical claim behind their effect is still under debates, the results of these foods cover a wide expanse. Health benefits include strengthening bones, improving eyesight and prevention from chronic diseases. Read on to enlighten yourselves about these edibles in the superlative degree and their places in your diet!
A fact that every tom, dick and harry knows is that the eating gets you fat. What generations forgot to mention is that the right food can turn eating into a weight loss activity rather than the opposite. It’s true that food stimulates the body to produce hormones. However, some foods set the metabolism in motion of the fat burning process.
- Dark Chocolate – In a study by the Archives of Internal Medicine as put forth by Fitness Magazine , dark chocolate can help adults be better off at staying thin as compared to the ones who didn’t consume it, but practiced the same amount of exercising. On an estimate, one and a half ounces of dark chocolate is good and ideal for the same purpose. A basic reminder to be set is that the darker the chocolate, the better it will be. Those with a minimum of 70% of cocoa content work the best.
- Eggs – This protein rich food item is also said to be high in choline levels, which helps the body in fat absorption. Since proteins keeps the stomach full for a long duration, eating eggs can help cut down on a lot more calories. They also contain all of the nine amino acids which facilitate the building of the muscle tissue increasing the fat burning potential. A couple of scrambled eggs in the morning for breakfast can give you a healthy kick to cut the rest of the day.
- Lentils – Lentils might be high in their carbohydrate levels, but their dietary fibre and magnesium amount is impressively good for the human body. They are fat burning, starch resistant and high in protein. Regular consumption of the same can also successfully shield against cancer by preventing the build-up of polyps. Found in salads, purees and even warm soup, it is easy to replace a heavy meal with a lentils dish to rev up the metabolism forover 24 hours.
- Peanuts – With its extraordinary attributes, peanuts is one of the most underestimated foods. These induce a strong thermic response which basically implies that during their digestion, the body is also engaged in burning calories. Along with controlling the intake of calories, peanuts can also successfully burn them. It is always harmful to go overboard with nuts, so make sure that the consumption is restricted. On a daily basis, 500 calories worth of peanuts brings good to the fat burning potential of human metabolism.
- Salmon – Salmon is generally known to be amongst the top health foods everywhere. It is low in calories, and high in proteins and omega-3 fatty acids. Along with its benefits to the heart and overall health, salmon gives the feeling of a full stomach for a rather longer duration, thus preventing unnecessary snacking. The monounsaturated fatty acids content of salmons is also good. A 2001 study by the The Health Gallery found that a MUFA rich diet helps lose an average of 9 pounds as against the 6 pounds lost through other low fat diets.
To age is beautiful in the most natural of ways. But it doesn’t mean you have bid adieu to your youth before the due date. Save those young years for as long as your body allows with these super foods and their remarkable benefits.
- Blueberries – The contents of this tiny fruit include antioxidants like flavonols, anthocyanins and vitamin C which excel at decreasing the pace of cellular aging. The compounds present within ease down the oxidative damage as well as inflammation, both of which are associated with age related deficits in memory and motor function.
- Fish – One of the many advantages that the consumption of fish offers is the intake of mega 3 fatty acids. These in turn support hair, nail and skin moisture and even skin elasticity by strengthening skin-cell membranes. Another consequence of the presence of omega 3 fatty acids is that they prevent cholesterol from building up in the arteries and abnormal rhythms of the heart, giving it a healthy life span.
- Yogurt – As a scrumptious addition to your dietary regime, yogurt is as good as it gets. Plain yogurt is not only rich in vitamin B12 and protein it also facilitates digestion for the comforts of the human body. The calcium in the same helps to put up a system against osteoporosis and to gather ‘good bacteria’ in order to maintain gut health as well as weaken the ills of age related intestinal problems.
This list is a silent cry amongst the screaming gains that come out of the consumption of superfoods. Indulge in the right kind of eating and in the right way to yield all these benefits. For more, stay linked to us. Stay healthy! Stay happy!
Featured Image Source : trainertonymartinez