Want to lose weight fast?
It’s easy to say goodbye to 10 pounds of unwanted fat with
these easy diet tips. Just pay attention to what you eat and be sure to have good tasting,
fresh and healthy food including snacks, fill up on vegetables and keep your taste buds
happy with fruit.
No need to make sacrifices! Just follow these simple guidelines to lose your first 10
pounds, last 10 pounds or give your weight loss program a boost when it seems to have
stuttered to a halt. This is a balanced and flexible plan that you can use for as long as
1. Keep a note of everything that you eat and drink. You do not need to estimate calories.
Just write down what it was that you had and the approximate quantity. You will find that
being more aware of what you are eating helps you to plan healthy meals and snacks.
2. Halve your intake of all pure or added fats. This means using half as much butter or
spread on your bread, toast, muffins and potatoes; half the usual amount of mayonnaise
or sauce on your salad; and half the oil in the frypan every time.
3. Limit treats containing sugar to three times per week. This includes chocolate, ice
cream, desserts, cake, pastries, cookies, etc.
4. Include a lower fat source of protein at most meals: chicken, fish, beans, cottage
cheese, or low fat yogurt. Have eggs, nuts and red meat occasionally but not every day.
5. Plan at least one lunch and dinner every week without meat or cheese. Build those
meals around whole grains, vegetables and beans to increase fiber and reduce fat.
6. Reduce the fat content in your milk products. If you are currently drinking whole milk,
reduce to 2% fat. From 2% reduce to 1%. Choose lower fat cheese and yogurt. When you
buy yogurt, also check that it does not contain sugar.
7. Have at least two servings of fruit every day. This can be for dessert or snacks.
Choose fruit that is in season.
8. Drink water instead of sodas, juices, milky drinks or alcohol. Avoid diet soda – the
sweet taste only encourages you to crave sugar. Hot water with a slice of lemon can be
very refreshing in the morning.
9. Include at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner. If you are getting
hungry, have more.
10. Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too
much if you are racing through your meals.
11. Grated carrot makes a great snack. You will find that a grated carrot is much more
filling than a whole carrot. Strange but true.
12. Use whole grains wherever possible. The fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also
help your digestion.
13. Choose food that you can chew. Again this will increase your fiber intake, and the act
of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too. This means eating fruit instead of
drinking juice. If you have soup, make sure it is chunky.
14. Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Plan your shopping too – make a list of
what you need and stick to it. If you just grab something when you are feeling hungry,
you will probably choose high calorie food.
15. Always switch off the TV when you eat. That includes snacks as well as meals.
Studies have proved that we eat larger portions in front of the TV, probably because we
are much less aware of what we are eating. When you eat, only eat if you want to lose